This church is on the left side of the road from Goreme to Avcilar, in an elevated valley, at the outskirt of a hill. It owes its name Sakli (hidden) to its discovery late in 1957 . This church which dates from the second half of 11th century is divided into two parts by a triple arcade of pillars where the longitudinal rectangular form is linked with arches.
The eastern one is laterally barrel-vaulted. The frescoes which are well preserved illustrate Gospel scenes. The artist had recourse to well marked and thick traits as the figures carved on the naked rocks that bear witness. Whereas the churches at Goreme follow the artistic tradition of Syria and Palestine. The Hidden church is linked with the artistic tradition of Constantin. Paintings: Annunciation, Nativity, Presentation of Christ in the Temple, Calling of John the Baptist, Baptism, Transfiguration, Crucifixion, Dormition.