The Sehzade Public Kitchen (1543-48) consists of two buildings each covered
with six domes and situated on two sides of a square courtyard. The kitchens are
covered by four domes, and the refectory hall by two. It also has its own
The Suleymaniye Public Kitchen (1555) is situated in the porticoed courtyard
on the side facing the hospital, It consists of a five-domed refectory behind
which there is a four-domed kitchen, each dome equipped with a glass turret to
allow daylight in. In the wing facing the hospice and in front of the door are
storehouses, with an oven in the corner. A large grinding stone and weighing
scales can still be see here. A kervansaray is situated on the ground floor.
The Uskudar Atik Valide Kitchen (some time before 1579) forms a symmetric
plan with the kervansaray and the guesthouse. A passage leads from the main
entrance gate in the middle of the kervansaray to a porticoed courtyard where
the guesthouse is situated on one side and the public kitchen on the other. The
courtyard of the public kitchen is T-shaped, with porticoes on three sides. The
kitchen itself has six glass-turreted domes while the refectory hall is covered
by two plain ones. There is also a larder and a storehouse.